Saguaro National Park (10/2012)

Well, I learned something new today.  Saguaro means big, giant cactus.  This is a National Park filled with cactus - lots of different cactus.  There are great hikes to take here (but watch for snakes and other poisonous reptiles), and lots of picnic areas.  It was really a unique place.













 
The very friendly folks at the visitor center told me to take a short, easy hike out to some rocks where there were lots of petroglyphs (ancient rock art).  I was excited to hear that, as I love petroglyphs.  The petroglyphs were pretty spectacular 
 





 
This little guy blends in with the desert.

 
Oh, sure, I'm smiling - but, I'm really about to pass out in this heat!


 
LOTS of petroglyphs!








 
Note the squirrel - he kept jumping into my pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment