CANYON OVERLOOK - ZION NATIONAL PARK (05/2011)

The Canyon Overlook hike in Zion National Park is very challenging, despite the fact that the sign says it’s “moderate”.  Along the way, there are a couple of railings; but, they are few and far between.  The view at the top, the canyon below, is totally worth the hike up (which, by the way, is only about a mile).  It was an amazing view!

(Click on photos  to enlarge.)

This is the beginning of the hike.  That little bridge in the picture
will get farther and farther away as I get higher up!










That bridge is getting farther and farther away!





Since I was nearly at the top, that bridge is a mere speck now! 









After reaching the top, I can't decide if I am officially a
mountain climber or a rock climber ~~ I think both!


When I finally reached  the top, it was an amazing
view of the Canyon!

Me at the top




This part at least had a little railing - but most of it didn't





Pretty flowers growing out of sand and rock! 





After finishing, I drove back down to see where I had been.  This is a photo of the very top of the mountain I had climbed.  If I sound a tad full of myself for having conquered this, it's because I am!!




You can see the fence and a guy on the right at the top 

No comments:

Post a Comment