Shenandoah National Park (10/2011)

This was my first visit to Shenandoah National Park and I am hooked!  My first day, I entered at the north end.  I drove to the center, then the next day reentered at the center point and drove to the south end.  Each stop and each trail was more beautiful than the next.  It didn't hurt that it was October and the fall colors were still very vibrant in several areas.  I saw a bunch of black bears (including a mother with 3 cubs), and a lot of deer.  I can't wait to go back one day!


Spectacular views!





An artist couldn't ask for a better spot to get inspired!


A very large black bear on the side of the road.


A mother bear with 3 cubs.


There were a lot of cyclists travelling Skyline Drive.






There are many spots to hike on the Appalachian Trail;
it runs through the entire park.



Shenandoah Valley


Nice spot for a picnic lunch.


Me, realizing how good life is in this picturesque National Park!




When Skyline Drive ends at the southern end of Shenandoah National Park, it becomes the Blue Ridge Parkway and travels for over 400 miles to the entrance of Great Smoky Mountains National Park; it is a beautiful and peaceful drive.  Whether you go 400 miles or 5 miles, you are assured the most spectacular scenery! 



No comments:

Post a Comment