GREAT BASIN NATIONAL PARK, Baker, Nevada (05/2011)

When I visited Great Basin National Park (early May, 2011), some of the road up to Wheeler Peak was still closed due to snow; I could only get as far as Mather Overlook.  It was a bit disappointing to not see the ancient Bristlecone Pines; but, the part I did see was beautiful.

(Click on photos to enlarge.)
















Great Basin is also a great place for star-gazing




Baker, Nevada, is a very, very small town with not many choices of places to stay.  I found this little cabin, called The Getaway Cabin (it is listed on the town's website).  It was 3 minutes from the national park and perfect (it can sleep about 6 people).  If you ever find yourself needing a place to stay in Baker, try and stay at The Getaway Cabin.  The rates are reasonable and the innkeepers are delightful - I really enjoyed my stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment